What is a Munition?
What is a Munition?
Any item containing explosives, nuclear, biological, chemical, radiological or other hazardous material the primary aim of which is to cause harm.
What is Munitions Clearance?
The application and management of all appropriate skills, procedures and equipment to either mitigate the impact of munitions on life, property, the economy and the environment (Human Munitons Clearance) or to aid the achievement of a combat goal (Combat Munitions Clearance).
About the IMCSE
IMCSE was formed in 1998 to encourage professionalism within the international munitions clearance industry across the government, non-government organisation and commercial spectrum. It is non profit making and currently seeking charitable status. The Institute is managed by a council made up of a president, two vice presidents and eight members. Practitioners, academia, equipment manufacturers and enablers are all represented on the Council.
Provide an international focus for those engaged in munitions clearance
- Accredit relevant formal training and practical experience
- Advise national & international organisations
- Represent its members interests
- Encourage the regulation of individuals, organisations and companies
- Provide the vehicle for continuous professional development
- Provide the mechanism for the exchange of ideas and research.
- Mike Groves, President
- Robert Murfin, Company Secretary & Treasurer
- Anthony Jolliffe, Membership Secretary & Registrar
- Alistair Craib, Director
- Colin King, Director
- David Hewiston, Director
- Jane Stephens, Administrator
Why Join the IMCSE?
What are the benefits of joining IMCSE?
- Endorsement of training and experience
- Working relationship with other associated professional groups eg IExpE, NASDU, LEADS
- Working links to UN, DEfRA, DoT, Home Office, CPNI, Jane’s and RSMF
- Professional recognition
- Membership card and certificate
- The associated ability to network privately with those of a similar interest world wide
- Access to munitions clearance employment opportunities (for members seeking or offering posts)
- Access to the IMCSE website
- Technical and other advice via a dedicated professional secretariat.
- The opportunity to influence the development of procedures and equipment
[table id=2 /]