IMCSE was formed in 1998 to encourage professionalism within the international munitions clearance industry across the government, non-government organisation and commercial spectrum. It is non profit making and currently seeking charitable status. The Institute is managed by a council made up of a president, two vice presidents and eight members. Practitioners, academia, equipment manufacturers and enablers are all represented on the Council.
· Provide an international focus for those engaged in munitions clearance
· accredit relevant formal training and practical experience
· advise national & international organisations
· represent its members interests
· encourage the regulation of individuals, organisations and companies
· provide the vehicle for continuous professional development
· provide the mechanism for the exchange of ideas and research.
· Mike Groves, President
· Robert Murfin, Company Secretary & Treasurer
· Anthony Joliffe, Membership Secretary & Resistrar
· Alistair Craib, Director
· Colin King, Director
· David Hewiston, Director
· Jane Stephens, Administrator